Have you ever looked at the logo of amazon.com? It has a smile that starts from A and stops as Z of Amazon it means that they are willing to deliver everything to any one, anywhere, every time and thus spread the smiles for miles.
To keep up with the commitment of spreading this happiness one has to constantly scale up. Here we would say increase the market share, which simply means spreading your reach far and wide.
It is said that Flipkart who acquired online fashion retailer Myntra in May 2014 for Rs 1800 crores instigated Amazon to acquire India’s biggest giant Jabong.com.
Jabong.com is an Indian fashion and lifestyle e-commerce portal based in Gurgaon. Jabong started its operation in January 2012 with 3 partners Lakshmi Potluri, Praveen Sinha, and Arun Chandra Mohan.
Some Interesting Facts about Jabong.com
- It is one of the fastest growing e commerce sites in India so much that it is noted that In March 2013, Jabong was delivering about 7000 orders in one single day. Now that’s something of a growth and like Jabong – Be You!
- The profound reason for its growth was the promise it kept. They dared to take a very bold step in delivering goods in 48 hours and to the surprise of most of the buyers they received their shipment the very day they order which boosted their sales further.
- Jabong in fact has added many international brands and catered to the high end user’s demands which their rivals couldn’t cater to.
- They had some exclusive products like Virender Sehwag cricket bats. What else is needed to bunce ahead, in a country which is crazy for cricket?
- Apart from the products Jabong.com also offered a platform for many aspirants in the field of modelling, designing, photography and styling by launching “The India Online Fashion Week” in 2014. Thus gaining respect with popularity amongst the youngsters.
- com followed a very unique way of advertising or you may say spreading awareness of their being by launching a monthly lifestyle magazine “The Juice” in April, 2014.
Jabong coupon code can be found at couponzclub.com which can be used for saving.
This Indian giant is in talks with Amazon which is its own sense an international giant.
With this merger the Indian e commerce portals will have all the more reason to scale ahead in life style and fashion in a country which has a dearth of such online sited.
The Giant Amazon is taking over Jabong which is backed by Rocket Internet. It is believed that the deal may be worth US $1.2 billion. Surely that fits the price for jabong like business.
Jeff Bezos kept up his promise of investing in India by striking a deal with jabong.com which is one of his many future plans.
With this merger we can expect a delivery time reduced to a all time low, may be even the same day or just 2 hours.
If the FAA permits the use of drones for commercial use, then Amazon will be the first one to make use of the drones.
I would love it if I see drones flying in the air with names of the customers on it. What a beautiful sight it will be. That is off course a far fetched reality but with this I don’t think it’s impossible.
Starting from a garage to the drones is a very remarkable growth indeed.