With so many companies competing for their market share, you really do need something special in order to attract online visitors to your website. Whatever your industry, you will have competition and if you want your digital platform to stand out from the crowd, here are some tips on effective web design that will help you on the long and hard road to success.
- Creative Bios – When you tell the world about your team, be creative. Include the employee’s hobbies, favourite music and rather than the typical headshot, have each employee provide you with an unusual photo that they like. This will make the site visitor feel like they know your team and by emphasizing their likes and aspirations, you are creating a story.
- Engaging and Fresh Content – Your website text is a critical component and if you are not such a good writer, hire a professional to craft your web content. People like well written and engaging content and it is important to regularly post new content, in order to retain existing visitors. Your website is very much your portal to the outside world, therefore you should take care that the content is of top quality. There are some more great tips on how to make your website stand out from the crowd which you can refer to.
- The Right Web Design – Using an easy website builder from Limecube, for example, will empower you to create a dynamic and professional looking website, which will be your digital platform and is a reflection of the company and its values. The online website builder would have many different design templates on which you can build your website and with a simple drag and drop system, creating a professional website has never been easier.
- Testimonials and More Testimonials – These are the most powerful form of advertising, so devote a page to the comments from previous clients. You can never have too many customer reviews and there’s no better way to develop a feeling of confidence within a potential customer than posting previous customer comments.
- Case Studies – If you want your potential customers to really understand you and your business, include a few success stories. Show people the results of engaging your company and what you can do for them, which can be done with text, images and video. People are drawn to success and by showcasing your success stories, you can build up a strong image.
- Don’t Use Stock Photos – Most companies can’t be bothered with taking pictures for their website and therefore use stock photos that can easily be purchased online. While that might save time and perhaps a little money, hiring a photographer to really capture the essence of your organisation will pay dividends in the long run.
If you focus on all of the above and make sure that you get some feedback regarding your website, you should be able to stand out from the crowd. Creating a unique platform that best describes your business and what you are about will go a long way towards instilling a feeling of confidence in potential customers.